Thankyou to each of you for your comments re mounting the CDROM. I have now got it working. As for the age of the OS - newer is not always better, I am afraid. Of course this depends on both hardware and software, but there is no doubt that the newer hardware (disks etc) are far less reliable, despite being able to hold more data. Newer operating systems have more bells and whistles, but again, that does not always make them better. My most reliable systems are usually my older ones - in fact my MOST reliable systems are over 12 years old.

tks

Wayne Hocking