On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:15:15 -0000
"Edd Barrett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a decent tv card that will work under freebsd in
> the uk?

I don't know if this has got anything to do with where you live, but I
(living in Germany) have been using a Brooktree 878-based card
(Hauppauge WinTV Go!), which so far has worked flawlessly under Windows
98/ME/2k, Linux 2.2 - 2.6, FreeBSD 5. It also worked with NetBSD 1.6 and
BeOS 5 PE, but the OS'es did not support overlay mode, so the
TV-application consumed lots of CPU-cycles.

Brooktree cards are supported via the bktr(4) driver. I suggest, if in
doubt, go for Hauppauge, but unless you want to *a lot more* than just
watching TV, I don't think it matters that much, as long as the chipset
is made by Brooktree.

Kind regards,

Benjamin