Hello,

I have a problem where users who connect to my FBSD fileserver running
samba get their filenames corrupted. The users upload files with
doublebyte character filenames ( japanese ) and when they browse the
files from their computers ( win2k mostly ) the file names are
unreadable.

How can I solve this problem, I have never encountered it before. I am
used to not being able to read the filenames from the cmd line and can
work around that without too much difficulty but this fn corruption is
new.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here ? I would prefer not to
have to change the environment to a japanese environment if i don't need
to.

Thanks

LukeK