On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 04:23:59PM -1000, Baron Fujimoto wrote:
> I'm trying to build p5-Mysql from ports (as a dependency for bugzilla), but
> I run into the following error:
>
> ===>  p5-Mysql-modules-1.2219 is marked as broken: unknown MySQL version: 323.
>
> This is on a 4.8 system with a fresh cvsup.  Any tips or pointers would be
> greatly appreciated.

The p5-Mysql port can be built against any of the versions of MySQL
currently available in ports by setting the 'WITH_MYSQL_VER' variable
on the make(1) command line, or in /etc/make.conf or in
/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf if you're a portupgrade
user. eg:

    # cd /usr/ports/databases/p5-Mysql
    # make install WITH_MYSQL_VER=40

which will use the MySQL-4.0.18 client libraries.

Seeing that the p5-Mysql port wants to link against a version of MySQL
which is no-longer available in the ports tree, you may instead wish
to try installing one of the 'databases/p5-DBD-mysqlNN' ports (where
NN is the version of MySQL client you have installed) -- these use the
standard perl DBI/DBD database system and can are a more actively
maintained drop-in replacement for the p5-Mysql stuff.  They are also
what is recommended on the MySQL website nowadays:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Perl.html Works fine with Bugzilla.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way