Found the problem with booting the Storigen 1U servers :

They are based on the Tyan Thunder S2510 (Serverworks III) motherboards, and they have DSDT tables that are not initialized properly. Adding the following line to the /boot/loader.conf file fixed it :

acpi_dsdt_load="YES"

There is also a way to reset this in the hints file (a dsdt variable), but I have not done this.

And, with the LCD questions, one of the servers had a "refurbished" LCD, that still had the original manufacturer's name and model number (Phew!). It is a Matrix Orbital LK162 (R200). Does anyone know how to identify and control the stupid card in between the LCD and the motherboard? I want to display data to that LCD, but the controller is not allowing me to do so.

Joe