Dear Darryl,

Could you check if Outlook has a option to cut the text at the word that
have a letter at char 72. You now have it at ca. 100 and some of us have
a screen that is 80 char width. And that doesn't result in something
thats that readable

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 01:50:44PM -0600, Darryl Hoar wrote:
> Greetings,
> I have a box with 5.1-release on it.  I had it configured and connected to
> my lan.  The
> connection was to a switch.  ifconfig -a showed it as autosense.  All was
> well with the
> world.  Relocated this box to another building (same lan).  It is connected
> to a 10/100
> hub.  Connected it and no joy.  Wouldn't talk over the network.  Double
> checked everything.
> Then I thought maybe autosense wasn't working so well.  Manually configured
> it
> ifconfig xl0 192.168.1.73 netmask 255.255.255.0 media 100basetx mediaopt
> half-duplex.

If you have a hub then you need to now the speed of the other network
card. The hub wil use the slowest speed and mode. Or you could replace
it with a switch. There are cheap version with 8 entries. If you can
borrow one, then that would make diagnostic some what easier.

--
Alex

Articles based on solutions that I use:
http://www.kruijff.org/alex/index.php?dir=docs/FreeBSD/