-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Porstdb -uU Continues to Fail?
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:55:48 -0500
From: Bob Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: FreeBSD-Questions <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Kris Kennaway wrote:

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 01:27:56PM -0500, Bob Perry wrote:

You need to update to 4.9-RELEASE, which has a newer make(1).

Kris

Thanks for such a quick response Ken. Do I understand you to say this is
the only solution?

For now, yes. It's possible the authors of those ports (or another committer) could change them to allow index to be built on older releases, but they're not obliged to (see http://www.freebsd.org/ports) for support information.

Kris

So I see. Guess I'll pull out my notes and prepare for the update this weekend.

Thanks again.
Bob Perry

--
FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE-p13 0#

Hello,

This is just an update to a previous problem.  Portsdb -uU ran successfully
following upgrade from 4.8 to 4.9.

Thanks
Bob Perry

-- FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 #0