Marty Landman wrote:
At 12:21 AM 2/21/2004, Saint Aardvark the Carpeted wrote:
[ ... ]
As you can see only the gateway and one other box (5 total on my lan) were cached. After pinging penguin it got into the cache but this looks like arp is unreliable for a canonical list of plugged in ip's.

Curious about what would work. Nmap(8) isn't installed on my system now, is this the way to go? Nothing in my base install to do it?

"nmap -sP 22 192.168.0.0/24" should do it (although nmap may pause on .0), but you can also try:

ping 192.168.0.255

...although not everything responds to a broadcast addr ping, but it's still useful.

--
-Chuck