Maybe you are using the wrong fonts.Did you try both the 8x8 and 16x16 fonts?

Rgrds

> Is it just me or does vidcontrol look ugly when compared to Linux's
> console framebuffer that allows high-resolution console displays?
>
> -lewiz.

Lewis Thompson wrote:
On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 04:58:53PM -0500, Lowell Gilbert wrote:

Rahul Sawarkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

is there a framebuffer port for freebsd?
 i want to run my console in 1024x768.

Why would you want a framebuffer for that? Do you have frame grabber hardware or something?

If all you want is a 1024x768 video mode driving the text console, vidcontrol(1) can do that, but I don't
understand the connection to a frame buffer...