Dear Sirs,
Thank you for Giving FreeBSD  for free.
Basically I would like to ask you about a problem I have with the sound hardware which
I wasn't able to resolve. And I also have some suggestions to make!

After Installation when writing #startx, at the prompt KDE loads and I get a message
than sound driver /dev/pcm couldn't be found. SuSE and Redhat both recognize my sound
driver as 82801DB AC'97. Further more alot of stuff like xmms, and other applications
were not installed although I checked them to be installed when I was asked. The funny
thing is that those applications exist in /usr/.../ports.

1:How can I configure my sound device?
2:How can I install xmms or other stuff which exist in my hard-drive but are not
installed?
3:How can I configure kdm such that I can switch window manager and I do not have to
type startx all the time?

Suggestions:
1: It would be really attractive if the installation of FreeBSD was as easy and
comfortable(visual stuff) as SuSE's.
2: It would be nice if kdm or xdm or something was installed and needen't have to be
configured after installation. For instance during the installation the user should be
asked if he would like to have xdm or kdm installed ...
3: how can I test the performance of freeBSD against SuSE or Redhat?
Thanks in advance!
Looking forward to your answer!
Drosos.