Hi,

You should take a look at IMP (http://www.horde.org/imp/) or
Squirrelmail, both of which are webmail solutions, and both can be found
in the ports tree.  They do however, require either a POP3 or IMAP
server, and a server with PHP and a few other minor dependencies.

Alternatively, you could try neomail, which can access local mailspool
files using just perl.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Marc