On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, John wrote:

> i have a mandrax linux 9.2 installed on a IBM ThinkPad
> 24x, but now I can't boot it after I install FBSD 5.2.
>
> I can still see the FBSD boot manager displaying F1 F2
> for the two linux partitions, but they can't be
> booted.

Probably you wrote lilo boot manager code into the master boot record
before you installed FreeBSD. You have to boot Linux from floppy or CD now
once; then you have to install lilo into the Linux root partition. After
that, you should be able to boot your Linux system by the FreeBSD boot
manager.

Regards

Konrad Heuer ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  ____            ___  _______
Germany