Marco Greene (Home) wrote:
This is probably a stupid question...but I have a FreeBSD 4.9 server, which
does not have access to a DNS server.  However, I need to send mail from it.
I have a relay host setup in the same subnet which I have tested works with
telnet mailhost 25...and then giving it the sendmail commands....

This borders on the edge of "don't try to make this configuration work"-- sendmail really, really wants to be able to perform DNS lookups. You might be able to use the FEATURE(nocanonify) to get what you want, although you will have to modify both the normal and the submit .mc files.

--
-Chuck