On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 02:26:08PM +0000, Jim McIver wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 02:04:20PM +0000, Jim McIver wrote:

> > This suggests that your attempt to upgrade has failed to update all of
> > the standard system programs -- you'll probably find it easiest to do
> > a 4.6 to 4.9 upgrade by cvsup(1)ing the latest RELENG_4_9 sources, and
> > then doing a full buildworld, buildkernel, installkernel, installworld
> > cycle as detailed in /usr/src/UPDATING and the handbook at:
>
> That's what I'm trying to do, but I'm stuck on the error code 127
> ...touch when I run 'make installworld' and can't find the solution.

Hmmm... You've fixed your clock problems according to another post you
made.  Try clearing out everything you compiled previously and
re-running cvsup(1) to make sure everything has the correct timestamp
and permissions:

    # cd /usr/src
    # make cleandir
    # make cleandir       (Yes: do this twice in order to get the full effect)
    # cvsup -g -L2 /path/to/your/supfile

and then try compiling again: ie. run 'make buildworld' (the 'make
installworld' is failing because it's trying to install something
that should have been created during the 'make buildworld' stage, but
wasn't).

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way