Danny Pansters wrote:
On Thursday 26 February 2004 01:25, X-Istence wrote:

Danny Pansters wrote:

On Thursday 26 February 2004 01:11, X-Istence wrote:

Hello,

I am having problems with fetch and ftp, being unable to resolve any DNS related matters. Like hostnames and stuff.

Reverse DNS not OK? Always tricky business.

What do you mean? With hostnames i mean stuff like ftp.uk.freebsd.org, or google.com, which both dont resolve according to fetch, when i do fetch -vvvvvv http://google.com/. But when i do nslookup google.com it does work.

However, nslookup, dig, and those tools still work just fine, i am
wondering what the problem could be. See output below.

If you need any other info, please let me know, the owner is thinking of
having it reinstalled by the data center, but i would like to get to the
bottom of this.

HTH

Dan