Hey Folks.
I just subscribed to the list, but I've been using FreeBSD on and off for a few months now. There has, however, been one thing lacking from my FreeBSD setup and that is the ability to play sound!

I followed the directions in the handbook (namely adding the line to load the snd_ab16.ko kernel module to loader.conf) and adjusted the volume. The sound, when it does play, is compressed -- i.e. runs at 10 times the speed it should. I can't even play any audio with XMMS.

Anybody have any ideas? It's a Creative SoundBlaster 16 PnP ISA card (model CT4180), and it's in a PIII450 box with an ASUS P2BF motherboard. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Phil V.