All ready had sim.pl set as 770 and owner as www and group as wheel

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Matthew
Seaman
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 11:36 AM
To: JJB
Cc: Marty Landman; [EMAIL PROTECTED] ORG
Subject: Re: run perl scrip with post form from apache

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 11:11:19AM -0500, JJB wrote:

> The httpd-error.log has these messages now
>
> (2)No such file or directory: exec of /usr/local/www/data/sim.pl
> failed
> [client ] Premature end of script headers:
> /usr/local/www/data/sim.pl
>
> The sim.pl file is in that directory and it was given to me as am
> working script.

Check the ownership/permissions on the sim.pl file -- sounds like
the
apache process doesn't have permission to read and/or execute the
file.  You probably want it to be mode 555 or 550 with the group set
to the same as the apache process.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       26 The
Paddocks