I have installed FreeBSD before, but it has been a while since I've
messed around with it.  I am attempting to install on my secondary
desktop machine which also runs Linux.

ad0s1-ad0s3 are linux partitions as well as ad0s4 which is an extended
partition (containing more linux partitions).

When I try to create a new slice, it gives it the name 'X' which causes
a problem when I try to create new partitions on that slice:

Unable to create partitons on device: /dev/X

I didn't see anything about this in the FAQ.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Aaron