On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 01:04, Micheas Herman wrote:
> I have a need of transfering about twenty user accounts from FreeBSD to
> Linux(Debian)
>
> Is there any way of keeping the PAM passwords in tact? (A tool that
> allows for migration in either direction would be ideal)

Well I souldn't have given up on Google so soon.

         cut -d: -f1-4,8- /etc/master.passwd > linux.passwd

         copy or append linux.passwd to /etc/passwd on the linux box

         Then run "pwconv" on the linux machine.

merging /etc/shadow and /etc/passwd on a Linux computer will give you
/etc/master.passwd for FreeBSD.

I wish all my operating systems played together as nice as Debian and
FreeBSD.

Micheas