Hi there, I'm having some troubles getting DRI to work. I'm runnig an ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe Board with NForce2 and a ATI Radeon 8500. First of all I started using the 5.2.1-RELEASE with following kernel-options:
device agp device radeondrm this caused XFree86 (4.3.0 and 4.4.0) to freeze on startx when DRI was enabled. Then I removed agp and radeondrm from my kernel-config, now dmesg showed this when startx was launched: error: [drm:pid580:radeon_cp_init] *ERROR* radeon_cp_init called without lock held error: [drm:pid580:radeon_unlock] *ERROR* Process 580 using kernel context 0 but X actually started (glxinfo sayed 'direct rendering: no'). After some reading I started to put these options in my XF86Config: Option "ForcePCIMode" "true" Option "AGPMode" "4" well, ok now glxinfo reported 'direct rendering: yes' but my performance with glxgears should be much better: 1167 frames in 5.0 seconds = 233.400 FPS 1403 frames in 5.0 seconds = 280.600 FPS dmesg showed this: drm0: <ATI Radeon QL R200 8500 LE> port 0xb000-0xb0ff mem 0xc2000000-0xc200ffff,0xb0000000-0xbfffffff irq 5 at device 0.0 on pci2 info: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.10.0 20020828 on minor 0 info: [drm] Loading R200 Microcode This problem is obviously caused by my mainboard, because my radeon used to work with my old Gigabyte VIA mainboard. So I'm slowly runnig out of ideas what to do. -- Tobias Aigner _______________________________________________ [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"