----- Original Message -----
From: "Tadimeti Keshav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 12:20 AM
Subject: ports compilation

> Hi all,
> So I managed to download a few ports's sources (such
> as aterm, xmms, xine). Without connecting to the net
> to install them, how may I install them using the
> ports skeletons? (I mean using MAKE & MAKE INSTALL)?
>
> Do I need to change some variable that points to the
> FTP server?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Tk

If your source file is the same as the port makefile is looking for
(signatures, extensions, version, etc), you can drop them into
/usr/ports/distfiles and the port makefile will find, patch (if necessary)
and install them for you. Provided there's no dependancies that you don't
have already, you shouldn't need to connect to the net.

--

Micheal Patterson
Network Administration