At least for clamav, you need to have 'clamav_clamd_enable="YES"' in
your /etc/rc.conf file.  There might be a similar requirement for
amavisd.

Bryan

On 03/04/04 at 07:02, Dan Pelleg wrote:
> "Gareth Bailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I have recently installed postfix, amavisd-new, clamd.
> >
> > I have amavisd.sh, clamav-clamd.sh and clamav-freshcalm.sh in my
> > /usr/local/etc/rc.d directory.
> >
> > Neither clamd nor amavisd seem to start on boot.
> >
> > Please let me know what i am doing wrong?
> >
> > Gareth
>

>  Are they executable? They won't be run unless they are (and also end in
> .sh, which they do).
>
> --
>
>   Dan Pelleg

Bryan Albright                                            Lead IP Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                  Qwest Internet Solutions

Question: If you plug a charged UPS into itself, will it keep running forever?