On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:16:38AM +0200, Gareth Bailey wrote:
> I have recently installed postfix, amavisd-new, clamd.
>
> I have amavisd.sh, clamav-clamd.sh and clamav-freshcalm.sh in my /usr/local/etc/rc.d
> directory.
>
> Neither clamd nor amavisd seem to start on boot.
>
> Please let me know what i am doing wrong?

Did you read those .sh files? Those startup scripts (well, the first
two at least: I can't find the third one -- unless you actually mean
clamav-*freshclam*.sh) are all RCng enabled, and you need to put entries into
/etc/rc.conf to enable them:

    amavisd_enable="YES"
    clamav_clamd_enable="YES"
    clamav_freshclam_enable="YES"

Also, did you edit /usr/local/etc/clamav.conf to set things up for
your local system?  Did you take out the 'Example' line, which
prevents clamd from starting up?

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way