On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 05:06:29PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 04:36:21PM -0500, stan wrote:

> > > Whichever way you go you'll have to either reinstall these ports by
> > > hand or tell portupgrade where they live in the ports tree (see
> > > e.g. the -o flag to portupgrade).  You installed them before the ports
> > > collection started recording the location of the port used to install
> > > the package, so you can rebuild the databases as much as you like, but
> > > it won't fix it :)
> >

> > AH, that explains what's goin on.
> >
> > Is there a way to do this without spending a whole day or so doing things
> > manually?
>
> I told you above how you'll have to go about solving it.  It shouldn't
> take more than a couple of minutes.

Well I spent about 3 hours yesterday afternoon filling in package names to pkgdb -F's
prompts,
and I still can't get portupfrade to work :-)

What do I need to delete to just start from scratch, and build this by had?
Is portdb -F the correct way to be building it by hand?

neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin