On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 04:29:41PM -0600, Vulpes Velox wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 00:51:41 -0800
> Gary Kline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> >     Hi,
> >
> >     Before I launch into my new DNS server, I thought I'd try
> >     Gnome and KDE.  I still do most things in terminals, by
> >     CLI rather than GUI.  Here I use ctwm and have my workspaces
> >     configured with many xterms/workspace.  I've hand-coded at
> >     least three different sized xterms.  Is there a way of having
> >     various sized terms in Gnome andor KDE?
>
> Same as under any other window manager... put the mouse over the
> window, hold down alt, right-click and drag till you like it. In Xterm
> you can easily change the font size by holding down control and right
> clicking on it.

        Thanks.  KDE|Gnome allow various-sized terms and fonts;
        it's seriously kool.  Probably coded/saved in XML somewhere.

> >     Another issue is that somehow I lost libintl.so.5.  What
> >     builds this library?  I borrowed it from another server;
> >     it was in one of the compat libs, IIRC.
>
> Long Story short... this happens when the gettext got updated... I am
> guessing you cvsuped and then did a portupgrade -a or something... You
> can fix this quickly by finding the libintl.so.6, iirc the newest one,
> and create a sym link pointing to it from libintl.so.5... or you could
> recompile all apps that depend on it by doing a portupgrade -rRf
> gettext...

        X wouldn't come up without this library.  Both startx and
        xdm blew up whereas a week earlier (after having scp'd
        linintl.so.5) startx brought up Gnome as root just fine.
        (I'm learning as I play around... .)

> >     The CD's I installed 5.2 from have KDE-3.1.4; for some reason
> >     the latest rev of KDE refuses to upgrade.  I was using
> >     portupgrade, remotely.  Any idea why 3.2.0 won't install?
>
> What is the error?

        The err stated that I should pkg_delete 3.1.4 first; that
        KDE-3.2.0 was trying to install in the same place.
        A few hours ago I tried pkg_add to install this.  It found
        kde but not kde3.  Using mozilla I found there was no
        "Package" under KDE3.

        (I can see myself wasting dozens of hours playing around
         with all these toys...  Got to watch it :)

        gary

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix