At 12:42 PM 3/6/2004, Joshua Lokken wrote:
It doesn't seem like a splash screen can really tell you
much about the quality of a piece of software or an OS.

No it can't, and for end users its all they care about. Which is "how long before I can start using this thing?"

To put it in perspective, the best way to start USING FreeBSD as opposed to acquiring it to develop with, is probably to by an Apple machine with OS-X installed. All the integration is handled for you. It pains me that there isn't an organization of Apple's caliber providing a complete FreeBSD workstation product that I could load on any machine with a simple install.

--Chuck