Charles Bacon wrote:
I've downloaded the FreeBSD 4.5-version of OpenOffice.org1.1.0 -
this is the second version of OpenOffice.org I've tried.
Incanting openoffice-1.1 (or any of the symlinks which point to it)
results in the message
  /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
  /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/program/libsal.so.3: Undefined symbol
  "nl_langinfo"

The manpage for that function says it's supposed to be in libc, and also says: "The nl_langinfo() function first appeared in FreeBSD 4.6."

While I would imagine that you could recompile OpenOffice yourself and get a binary that will work-- assuming OO autoconfigures itself whether to use that function-- it's almost certainly less effort to upgrade to FreeBSD 4.9, which would also move you to a more secure/supported version of the OS.

--
-Chuck

PS: A few things have changed over the past two years-- /usr/src/UPDATING says "20020129: FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE"... :-)