On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 14:40:17 +0100, Peter Hollaubek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Has anyone succeeded to use the linux-opera port with anti-aliased fonts?
During installation it says the WITH_XFT2 variable should be set to enable
aa fonts, and it does install the additional linux packages, though the
fonts are rendered as usual. I've also tried setting the QT_XFT variable with
no effect.

Opera uses an older method of anti-aliasing which involves use of an XftConfig file. Though the document at the URL below describes a NetBSD setup, it will work on FreeBSD, and Linux-Opera will be able to display anti-aliased fonts if they are selected in fonts preferences. I find the Bitstream Vera fonts give a very nice appearance.

HTH,

Jud