Hello,
I'd like to know whether there's a possibility to disable core dumps in a
'global' manner.
I've already modified my bash config by adding a "ulimit -c 0" in order to
prevent core dumps from being written to the disk.
The problem still persists when starting an application via the KDE menu, in
my case the qt assistant. The core file will be in my home directory.

There's a way to disable crash dumps by adding the line "dumpdev=NO"
to /etc/rc.conf. Is there something analogue for nomal core dumps?

Thanks and best regards,
Tobias