On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 16:31, Gary wrote:
> Hi Micheas,
>
> --On Sunday, March 07, 2004 04:23:27 PM -0800 Micheas Herman
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I have a specific set of wants for a new mail server:
> >
> >      1. deliveries to Maildirs.
> >      2. authenticated forwarding. (can forward to another mail server
> >         using authentication)
> >

> > Qmail doesn't do authenticated forwarding without being patched.
>
> by "auth forwarding" do you mean relaying?  If so, qmail certainly does
> allow it, via host-based relaying through tcp.smtp cdb... you can allow
> specific, or a range of IP addresses. Or... with auth relaying, you do not
> have to patch, and can use an add-on - relay-ctrl..

I mean that the server I want to relay to requires authentication. (I
could work around this, but It would be easier for me to maintain if I
could have my mta authenticate.  There are a couple of patches for qmail
that do this.  And the documentation seems very clear, I would like to
know what the alternatives are.

Micheas,