Hello all,

I just recently upgraded my system to 5.2-RELEASE, as evidenced by uname -a:

FreeBSD mephisto.qg.com 5.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE #0: Tue Jan 27
16:05:26 CST 2004     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MEPHISTO
i386

I was able to burn CDs in my previous installation, but now I am getting
nothing but trouble with cdrecord whenever I try to execute it, so I decided
to try scanning the bus, and here is my output:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 2.00.3 (i386-unknown-freebsd5.2) Copyright (C) 1995-2002
J\x{FFFF}rg Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are
root.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

I looked in /dev and I saw all the devices defined that I needed, like:

crw-r-----   1 root      operator    4,  18 Jan 27 16:58 acd0
crw-r-----   1 root      operator    4,  19 Jan 27 16:58 acd1

Cdrecord is installed along with xcdroast and other gui front-end apps, all
of them fail. Both of the drives are good because I can mount CDs in them. I
am also attaching a copy of my /var/run/dmesg.boot and a copy of my kernel
config in case I did something wrong there.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated greatly, also, please cc me, I
am not a part of this list.

Thanks,

AJ Schroeder