Hello everyone,

Just was wondering about setting up virtual hosts on NIC cards on my FreeBSD box.
I read the handbook:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/configtuning-virtual-hosts.html

Seems simple enough, but I seemed to be having a bit of a problem.

For instance, I had this in my rc.conf:

ifconfig_fxp0="inet 192.168.1.91 netmask 255.255.255.0"

and tried to add this:

ifconfig_fxp0_alias0="inet 192.168.1.75 netmask 255.255.255.0"

Two questions here:

After you made a change like this, how do you restart it without having to reboot? There a way to do this using ifconfig?

Secondly, I rebooted my machine after testing this out, and it appeared to hang. When I looked at the console, it was stuck on the 'hostname' part.

I'm currently looking for additional information to see what I did wrong, but thought i'd ask here to see if someone can point out my error.

I appreciate the help.

Jason