On Mar 9, 2004, at 4:09 AM, Blain M Gatterdam wrote:

Is it possible to turn my pc into a web server? I would like to
make it so that certain people can remotely access my computer and edit the
web-page (s). is this possible or can I do something like it? If so, im a

What you need is a WebServer which speaks DAV - the Distributed Authorting
and Versioning protocol.

Use ports or packages (if you do not know what these are - see the 'handbook'
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/) specifically:

        http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports.html
and
        http://www.freebsd.org/ports/

Then install the ports/packages:

        apache
        mod_dav

Then follow the instructions with came with apache; or try

http://www.lugatgt.org/articles/webdav/ - section 2.2 onwards.

If this is too complex - consult a good book on apache.

Dw