hello all,
doug white pointed out that my cpu string being garbaged was interesting, i noticed it
but i didn't think it was a big deal.

Timecounter "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 0

CPU: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<I\M-h)Hr\M-)[EMAIL PROTECTED]@\M-E\^Hs\M-!\M-C\M-h%
(1833.14-MHz 686-class CPU)

Origin = "AuthenticAMD" Id = 0x6a0 Stepping = 0

Features=0x383fbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR,SSE>

AMD Features=0xc0400000<AMIE,DSP,3DNow!>

 anyway as far as i can tell it's always been this way ever since 5.1 - i never ran
stable on this box so i'm not sure if it's current problem or both current and stable
or just my hardware - now i'm running an install world of 5.2.1 from around
so if anyone's interested i'd be willing to try stable on it and let you guys know how
it goes - or if anyone knows any fixes for it or has come across it before i'd
appreciate any help
i tried the aimgroups mailing list archive and couldn't get much about this type of
problem

thanks