On Mar 11, 2004, at 1:00 AM, Rob wrote:

Mike Jackson wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Greetings all, I'm a long time unix/linux user but have been away from
FreeBSD for about a year or so and would like to solve that personal
fault. I have a laptop (IBM ThinkPad T20) that once ran FreeBSD but
currently sits with out floppy, OS, and at last test <TA-DA> no CDROM. So my question is what are my options if I wanted to get FreeBSD running
on it? I have another Linux box on the LAN but that's about it. Thanks
for any help
You can install FreeBSD over the serial port with a null-modem cable.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install- advanced.html

But he clains to have neither a floppy drive, nor a CD-rom. I guess you need some very intelligent magic here to get FreeBSD (or any other OS) installed under such conditions, if at all possible.

If the LANcard has an EEPROM, one could maybe boot via the network as a
starting point for installing FreeBSD on the local harddisk.

Does it have USB ports? Can you boot a USB CD with FreeBSD?

Chad