On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:01:50PM -0800, Gary Kline wrote:

>       I'm trying to install the latest OO  on my 5.2 server, but for
>       some reason, it can't see the java installation there.
>       Originally, I had java/jdk14.  No luck.  Same with java/jdk13.
>
>       Should I take the simpler route and download the pkg for 52
>       or is there a way of getting OO-1.1.0_3 to see the java?

Did you fill in the appropriate stuff in the Tools>Options>Security
menu item?  I found that the ClassPath setting was absolutely vital
for using JDBC connectivity to databses.

Errr... or did I infact completely misinterpret what you meant, and
actually you're saying that OO won't install because it doesn't pick
up that you've got java/jdk14 installed as your default JDK and so
complains about unfulfilled dependencies?  You could try setting
JAVA_HOME to /usr/local/jdk1.4.2 and/or editing /usr/local/etc/javavms
to that the FREEBSD-JDK1.4.2 line comes first in the file.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way