I am having a problem with Pure-FTPD and FreeBSD 5.1 and was wondering if this is a common or known problem. I installed version 1.0.18 from ports and used the /usr/local/sbin/pure-config.pl /usr/local/etc/pure-ftpd.conf command so I could use the pure-ftpd.conf file. My box is a "dedicated server" at a hosting company so there is no firewall present. When I type the above command this is the output:

Running: /usr/local/sbin/pure-ftpd -c50 -B -C8 -fftp -H -I15 -lunix -L2000:8 -m4 -s -U133:022 -u100 -w -x -X -k99 -Z

I am unable to FXP to this box even though the -w appears in the line above. I am trying to FXP into a unix authed account, not anonymous.

The only thing I saw in the /var/log/messages was that "user ftp could not be found" but I believe that's because I don't have anonymous FTP set up nor do I want it set up. Is this a known problem with FreeBSD 5.1? I have a home FreeBSD 4.9 box set up and FXP functions just fine. Thank you for any assistance you can give me in this problem.