On Mar 15, 2004, at 7:37 AM, Ruben de Groot wrote:

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 10:30:05PM +1030, Wayne Sierke typed:
On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 10:37, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
Quick questions:
I've run across some mumblings in the ClamAV lists about Clamd not
logging anymore (or not scanning anymore?) when the maximum
logfile size is reached. Is anyone in FreeBSD running this, and if so,
are you using Newsyslog to rotate the logs? What are your settings
(how would I set it up)?

Having recently installed clamav I was interested in getting log
rotation enabled too (5.2-RELEASE). As an experiment I set the when
entry in newsyslog.conf to 1 hour. After the log rotation I'm not
getting any new entries written to the logfile. I believe I saw
somewhere someone claiming that logrotate was working for them (but
probably on Linux). Might have to try that instead.

Are you using syslogd for logging (LogSyslog in clamav.conf) ? Log rotation through newsyslog is working fine here.

What is your clamav.conf and newsyslog config file setup? (and what release of FreeBSD?
I'm using 4.9-p3...should work, shouldn't it?)

Thanks!