Please don't top-post.

"Henning, Brian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The only reason why I question it is when I lookup the size in windows
> (the directory is shared with samba) I see it as less.
> >From bsd: 390     /home/henninb/jpg
> >From windows: 372KB windows
>
> Is it because of the share or the change in platform?

How did you measure it on Windows?  I suspect what's happening is that
Windows gave you the actual sum of the sizes of all the files, whereas
du(1) counts the space *used* by all the files.  In other words, the
Windows tool is giving a count in bytes, whereas du(1) is giving a
count in disk blocks (rounded up to the nearest block, because that
space is unavailable for other files to use).