On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 11:11:05AM +0100, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have trouble running apache with php4.
> when i try to start httpd, it crashes with signal 11.
> If i remove php4 from httpd.conf, apache runs fine.
> Installed packages:
>
> apache+mod_ssl-1.3.29+2.8.16_1 The Apache 1.3 webserver with SSL/TLS
> functionality
> php4-4.3.4_7        PHP Scripting Language (Apache Module and CLI)
> php4-horde-4.3.4_7  A default PHP configured for the Horde framework
>
> Any ideas?

This often comes about because one of the 3rd party apache loadable
modules you're using is looking for a shared library which it cannot
find.

Try this:

    # cd /usr/local/libexec/apache
    ldd ./libphp4.so

If there are any shared libraries 'not found' then you need to either
install them, or use 'ldconfig -m dirname' to add the correct
directories to the systems list of places to find shared libraries.
To make that persist across reboots, ad the directories to the end of
the list given for the 'ldconfig_paths' variable in /etc/rc.conf (take
care when doing that, as if you screw up ldconfig, then virtually
nothing will work on your system).

Hmmm... looking at the port Makefiles, I don't think you should be
able to install both lang/php4 and lang/php4-horde simultaneously.
However, so long as you compile php4 with at least the settings:

    WITH_DOMXML=    yes
    WITH_GETTEXT=   yes
    WITH_SESSION=   yes
    WITH_MCRYPT=    yes
    WITH_MYSQL=     yes
    WITH_OPENLDAP=  yes
    WITH_IMAP=      yes
    WITH_MCAL=      yes
    WITH_FTP=       yes

then you can use either one of those ports.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way