Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. wrote:

Bob Perry wrote:

Kris,

I'm at the stage now, where I need to validate and certify the Security Officer's PGP key before I can verify the signature. Documentation suggests "...comparing
the key during a phone call." Later, there is the reality that "If you don't know the
owner of the public key you are really in trouble."

Is there some recommended course to follow when it comes to handling these
FreeBSD security patches?

Thanks,

Bob

PGP keys for all the FreeBSD officers are available in an appendix D of the FreeBSD handbook. If your local copy is old, you could check the online version at www.freebsd.org/handbook.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.

Hi Kevin,

All better now. Thank you, Kris, Lars, and others.

Bob

--
I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly
distributed.

FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 #0