Marc LeMaire wrote:

Matthew Seaman wrote:

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 12:24:14AM -0500, Marc LeMaire wrote:

I've just installed a fresh version of Freebsd 4.9 stable, cvsupped the port, build and install a generic kernel and world. I've done mergemaster and everything is ok.

The problem arises when I try to compile Kde, Moz, LyX. Each of these programs crashes with the same message :

building for expat-1.95.7
-------------
lib/xmlparse.c:76:#error memmove does not exist on this platform, nor is a substitute available
***Error 1

How can I fix this problem (or install the appropriate substitute)? I contacted the port maintainer but I have no reply yet.

memmove(3) certainly should be available on FreeBSD.  Sounds like your
make world didn't go entirely smoothly.  Try cvsup'ing the latest
RELENG_4 sources and build the world again.  Don't use any '-j' flags
for parallel build, use the default CPUTYPE and CFLAGS settings in
/etc/make.conf and if the make process reports an error, don't try and
restart the build, but investigate and try and solve whatever it was
that went wrong.  Ask again here if you get stuck, and include a good
chunk of the make output including from where any error first shows up
to the end.

Cheers,

Matthew

I've re-installed the whole 4.9 stable shebang, up to and including mergemaster.
Expat2 compiled but now it's libiconv1.9.1_3 that is the troublemaker

DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c ./relocatable.c -fPIC -o .libs/relocatable.lo
./relocatable.c: in function 'libconv_relocate':
./relocatable.c:392: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
./relocatable.c:392: for each function it appear in.)
***Error code 1

:-(
I've never had these problems when doing a clean install of FBSD

Marc