Hello everybody,

I'm in the process of setting up a bandwidth control with ipfw and
dummynet. My connection is done through pppoe on adsl.

In ipfw(8), i found the following:
 "If a device name is specified instead of a numeric value, as in

       ipfw pipe 1 config bw tun0

  then the transmit clock is supplied by the specified device.  At
  the moment only the tun(4) device supports this functionality,
  for use in conjunction with ppp(8)."

Having two different bandwidth available (up- and downstream), would
this option work ? Or, is only symetric bw case taken into account
when using this syntax ?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Please cc: in your replies as i'm not subscribed to these lists.

Tnx,
Francis.