On Mar 17, 2004, at 5:45 PM, Kris Kennaway wrote:

1) Please wrap your lines at 70 characters so your emails may be easily read.

I'm using Mail.app on OS X 10.3.3, and someone offering some advice from this list also
asked me to fix line wrapping. I checked and checked, but found nothing in Mail that allows
a "wrapping" unless it's done manually.

I went to the MacOSX admin mailing list and asked there. They said that the problem
is that when Mail.app sends as "text" (I avoid whenever possible sending html or
rich text stuff through email...if it's good enough for telnet, it's good enough for me! :-)
the format is "flow" (format = flowed), and pointed me to http://www.joeclark.org/ffaq.html
for some information. From what I understood the problem isn't Mail.app, it was a
MUA that isn't correctly reading format=flowed

Out of curiosity, what email program are you using that it's not showing up? I thought the
FAQ said that many term emailers support the flowed format...essentially my hitting
"enter" at the end of each line is making it more difficult for the format=flowed-speaking-
mailers to correctly format my email for quoting, etc...

Suggestions? I'm not trying to start any kind of religious MUA war or anything like that,
just asking for honest opinion on "best practices"...