Jorn Argelo wrote:

I guess the best thing to do is to deinstall Apache as well, and
recompile it from the ports tree. (make sure to sync your ports-tree
first) Make sure you backup your website content, since I don't know if
the make deinstall will delete your content as well. Then recompile PHP
as well.

correct way to do that this: "make -DWITH_OPENSSL" ?).

I believe it was yes, though correct me if I am wrong.

What got me going again, was making a symbolic link from libexpat.so.5 to libexpat.so.4. That got my webserver running, and allowed me to rebuild mod_php4 (and yes, that *was* the right way to get ssl support into it).

I probably should make the time to upgrade anything that relies on expat and remove that link though.

        -ste