On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Chris Pepper wrote:

[...]

>       This is causing me some aggravation, as localhost connections
> (such as "apachectl fullstatus") are from "[client ::1]" instead of
> the old-fashioned  127.0.0.1. To my surprise,
> <http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-ipv6.html>
> doesn't talk about rc.conf at all, and I'm not sure where else this
> would be set up.

Try commenting out (#) ::1 from /etc/hosts, which is loopback for IPv6.

Afterwards try to a full Apache restart with

apachectl stop
apachectl start

If you want to get more experimental, you can go ahead and completely
remove IPv6 support from your kernel, although I don't see this as
necessary.

Hope this helps.

"Unix is simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity."
- Dennis Ritchie

Teodor I.
http://penguincomputing.iwarp.com
GPG key fingerprint : 9AC8 A05C 78AD AD73 91DB  CBE4 B644 F402 FBFD 5927