George Simonishvili wrote:

To whom it may concern.
We need to install FreeBSD 4.9 on Dell server , and we need to find out on which Dell server it supports.
Currently we have Dell Power Edge 1600C server it's a small business level server and on that same small business server we need to install FreeBSD but we don't know on which SmallBusiness server supports FreeBSD 4.9 os.

Kind Regards, George Simonishvili

Generally speaking, if it's a Intel/AMD based system, it will be supported in FreeBSD although the other hardware such as SCSI/RAID controllers, video cards and etc might not be. FreeBSD has good hardware support but it usually takes a release until the drivers come with FreeBSD install.

You can check the hardware support notes at http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/hardware-i386.html

--
Elvedin T.

sysadmin.ods.org <http://sysadmin.ods.org>