> I am very sorry Jerry but I bought the software as a package!!!
> I would expect to be working!!!
> I cannot imagine that I would by Microsoft product to find out that the
> manuals do not match the enclosed software.
> On the package it said "SOLID OPERATING SYSTEM BY FREEBSD!!!"
> Also, it "Runs on every PC!!!" but it does not, so far I was not able to
> configure the monitor, I get something like: "cannot find X server"!
> I guess FreeBSD is not that solid after all!!!
> Well, I returned the software and got my money back, at least that was a
> solid return.

Everything about FreeBSD says you have to take some time to learn
how to use it.   I have been using FreeBSD for 6 years (and others
much longer) on many different machines from different vendors and
have found it to be much more solid that most of those you spend
large $$$ for in the commercial marketplace.

But, you don't get something for nothing.   Although FreeBSD is free,
there is a cost and the cost is using some intelligent effort and
learning how to use it.    It works as the book says.

If you are using a 4.xxx handbook to run a 5.xxx version of FreeBSD,
then you might just notice the mismatch.

> George
>
> NOTE: I hate wasting time on unresolved issues that are claimed to be
> resolved by the experts!

You haven't paid enough money to have your problems resolved by experts.
FreeBSD is developed and supported by volunteers who do not get paid
for their work.   If you bought a package, you paid for someone to
burn the CDs for you and maybe include a printed handbook.   You did
not buy FreeBSD.

If you want to sell your soul to MS, go ahead.

////jerry