On Mar 23, 2004, at 4:22 PM, JP wrote:
So I would remove the "range" entry?

Hmm, no, that's not what I meant. Staticly assigned IP addresses should be outside the range of dynamic IPs, but you can use both together. I'll copy a complete, working dhcp.conf file below.

[ It is intended for someone who might have a small home network and wants to staticly assign IPs using DHCP on a FreeBSD host in a way that closely resembles the network configuration one would get simply by using the out-of-box network config using one of those Linksys broadband routers as the DHCP server. ]

--
-Chuck

=========

# dhcpd.conf

# option definitions common to all supported networks...
option domain-name "pkix.net";
option domain-name-servers 192.168.1.2;

default-lease-time 10000;
max-lease-time 30000;

# If this DHCP server is the official DHCP server for the local
# network, the authoritative directive should be uncommented.
authoritative;

# ad-hoc DNS update scheme - set to "none" to disable dynamic DNS updates.
ddns-update-style none;

# Use this to send dhcp log messages to a different log file (you also
# have to hack syslog.conf to complete the redirection).
log-facility local7;

subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
  range 192.168.1.10 192.168.1.254;
  option routers 192.168.1.1;
}

subnet 10.1.3.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {