On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 04:20:24PM -0600, Shawn Kennedy wrote:
> Help!
>
> My company has shut down the ports in and out
> of the firewall dramatically!  No SOCKS support
> so I tried using ssh. According to the cvsup
> documentation, you are to have a login on the CVS box
> you are trying to update from, but I don't (the
> official mirrors). I don't even have a box I
> can bounce off of in place of a login.

Ouch.  In the long term, complaining through your management channels
that the firewall changes are having a deleterious effect on your
ability to do your job, and basically costing the company money is the
most likely way to get a favourable resolution to this.

In the meantime you can receive updates via CTM -- essentially a
serise of patches to the system sources and so forth sent to you by
e-mail.  See:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ctm.html

        Cheers,

        Matthew